American Women's Hospital
The American Women's Hospitals was established in 1917 by the Medical Women's National Association. This group was formed by female physicians who, during the war, provided support to general public health. The first hospital overseas was established in France in June 1918. Other hospitals were then provided to Albania, Greece, and Near East during and after the war.